Operational Planning Engineer
El Amreya Free Zone · Alexandria, Egypt
According to experience
Skills & Requirements
- Organized and efficient planner
- Able to use critical thinking to reach solutions to obstacles
- Capable of maximizing time and materials
- Team worker
- Quality and safety oriented
- Knowledge of ERP systems required
- Prepare daily master production plan and monitor progress.
- Submit production forecasts to procurement department for material purchasing.
- Confirm availability of tools, materials and machines before issuing production plan.
- Minimizing time and costs in preparing plans.
- Issue purchase requests and receiving date requirements to procurement department.
- Issue pick lists to warehouse for daily production.
- Distribute production instructions & technical documents for each order.
- Analyze actual materials used vs. planned materials.
- Monitor, analyze, and report production performance derived from control systems.
- Submit production corrective action plans and procedures to achieve company goals.
- Provide work orders and instructions to the production departments.
- Set warehouse inventory management processes to avoid shortages and excesses.
- Issue NOAs to shipping department.
- Actively participate in management's meetings and decision making.
- Prepare a monthly report including (main accomplishments of the month, problems faced, actions taken to solve the problems, any other positive notes, recommendations, etc.).
- Develop and enhance the production process and resources to save time and effort and increase production.
- Delegate tasks when necessary.
- Apply the safety and security procedures.
- Evaluate and review operations and processes efficiency periodically.
- Follow up on production processes.